Personal Data Protection Notice
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the "Act"), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to Caghi . For the purpose of this written notice ("Privacy Notice"), the terms "personal data" and "processing" shall have the same meaning as prescribed in the Act. This Privacy Notice is to help you better understand the manner in which your personal data is managed and to give you the options available to you to access or limit the use of the information provided.
Categories of personal data that we collect
The personal data collected and processed by us may include:
- Name, Identity Card number and date of birth
- Contact details including address, phone number(s) and email address
- Occupation and marital status
- Any other personal data required for the purposes as set out below
Purpose of collecting your data
The personal data previously collected from you is being, and will continue to be used for purposes including without limitation:
- to operate your Account
- to facilitate access to and use of the website and mobile services relating to the Account
- to make decisions in relation to Members, including (without limitation), suspend the provision of services or terminate the Membership
- to confirm, update, verify and enhance your records
- to monitor volume and spend information
- to conduct market research and/or statistical analysis including without limitation consumer behaviour
- to identify and prevent fraud
- for marketing purposes (subject to any objections received and/or consents obtained, for which see below)
- to update your status as a Member
- to fulfill your requests including redemption requests
Source of your personal data
Your personal data is being or is to be collected from you, third party service providers, registration forms, redemption forms, evaluation forms, your business cards, social media platform such as Facebook, Instagram etc., events, roadshows, CCTV recording, email, website/mobile application, any other forms through which we collect information from the members.
Disclosure of your personal data
Your personal data will be kept confidential but such personal data may be provided to the following parties for the purposes set out above:
- to our business Partners (including promotional or short-term Partners) and/or any other company that is permitted to supply products and/or services to Members.
- any agents, service providers and/or subcontractors and its affiliates;
- and/or any other person(s) required or permitted by law or any regulatory authority.
All parties mentioned above are required to protect the confidentiality of the personal data they receive.
Transfer of Personal Data to places outside Malaysia
We may transfer your personal data to a place outside Malaysia and you hereby give your consent to the transfer.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
The Act allows you the right to access and to correct the personal data you have submitted. You may at any time update or amend the information provided to us simply by accessing 'Update Profile' on our website, or contact our Member Services Centre. Subject to provision of the Act, you may, upon payment of a prescribed fee, make a data access request in writing to us; and we may refuse to comply with a data access request or a data correction request and shall, by notice in writing, inform you of our refusal and the reasons of our refusal.
Third Party Personal Data
In the event that personal data of any third party is supplied by you to us, you shall ensure that such third party has read this Privacy Notice and consented to us collecting his/her personal data for any of the purposes prior to the supply of his/her personal data to us.
For as long as you remain a Member in the programme your information will remain with us, and we will take all practicable steps to ensure the security of the data at all times from any unauthorized access. Caghi will endeavor not to disclose any personally identifiable information to any organization unless necessary to operate the programme and/or as set out in this Privacy Notice.
Caghi reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any material changes will be posted on our website with the updated Privacy Notice.
Have a good days.